Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happy Anniversary!



Six years ago today I married my best friend. After dating for seven years, attending different colleges, moving six times (twice in Oklahoma!) and bringing two beautiful children into the world we celebrate six wonderful years of wedded bliss :) Jarrod still gives me butterflies....I look forward to his return home from work every day! I love that our toothbrushes share the same holder, we park our cars in the same drive way, we share the same bed and we love the same little girl and boy more than anything in this world :) Jarrod knows what makes me happy, what makes me sad and what makes me tick! He has a lot on his plate but makes a daily effort to nurture our marriage.


Today we looked through our wedding album. What a wonderful day it was! We also enjoyed a week long honeymoon to Jamaica! We can't wait to go back and have plans to do so to celebrate our tenth anniversary :)
This morning my Memaw called to wish us a happy anniversary. I love talking to her...she gives me such inspiration as a wife and mother. The week of our wedding was very bittersweet as my grandparents were involved in a car accident. Papa was killed and Memaw was in the hospital for injuries. I always admired their marriage and even as a young child I knew that their relationship and husband/wife roles were the perfect example of God's intent for a Christian marriage.


Yesterday Jarrod surprised me with beautiful flowers and news that he had scheduled a massage for me this morning at my favorite spa :) He also got me a neat wall frame that reads "May this Family be a blessing, May this home be filled with love, and joy, and friends, and laughter - all gifts from God above".

We look forward to many, many years to come.......

No comments:

Post a Comment