Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
1. It's finally offically FALL (I patiently waited all Summer)!! I put a bright orange pumpkin on the porch last week and now I can add the scarecrow :) If only the temps would drop....ohh....twenty degrees or so.....I would be a very happy girl! I am so ready for the first CHILLY morning that I drop off carpool and head straight for Starbucks to enjoy my overpriced hot chocolate (with skim milk and extra whipped cream - they cancel one another out of course)!
2. After almost a month of our new Fall schedule and commitments I still don't have the hang of it. I have to glance at the calendar every single day to figure out what we have planned :) It is totally new for us to have something EVERY single day. Emma is only 3 but I already feel like her personal chauffeur!
3. Owen has had an injury filled week. On Sunday he busted his top lip on a toy at church, yesterday afternoon he smashed his tiny pointer finger in a screen door and last night he got a large purple bump on his little forehead at Bible study :( He finally looks like a rough and tough boy!!
4. Tomorrow night starts district play and the undefeated Yoemen take on the Hearne Eagles. It's hard to believe that the regular season will be half way over already. The guys are playing so well and are so much fun to watch! Coach Smith is enjoying every minute :)
5. In the midst of our new crazy schedule and the 20+ hours I work each week, I am spending every spare minute party planning for Owen's first birthday. I absolutely LOVE everything about party planning, but it is incredibly time consuming, there's just no way around it. I like to do as much of it myself. While I work I browse blogs and creative ideas and then remember how craft challenged I really am :( Our theme is 'Lil Quarterback' and we are just doing a smaller family gathering. I have tons of cute ideas and will spend the next few weeks putting everything together :)
6. My ten year high school reunion is next month. I am hosting Owen's party instead :)
6. Sometimes Emma is a big girl. Sometimes she is a little girl. It just depends on which one works to her benefit at the given moment. Ugh....
7. Three hours have never gone by so fast. I dropped off carpool and ran errands from 9-12 like a chicken with my head cut off and still didn't have time to pick up groceries.
8. Owen loves, loves, loves lasagna. You can imagine what the aftermath is like :) Gone are the days that a regular size family lasagna feeds our family!
9. I can't explain how thrilled I am that the newest season of Desperate Housewives this weekend!! I rush to get everything done and everyone to bed early on Sunday nights, just for this show :)
10. I have to go to aerobics now..........
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Lately he has been sleeping through the night (with the exception of an occasional fuss or two). About a week ago we switched him to whole milk and thankfully he seems to like it a lot! After spending a fortune each month on formula I've never been so happy to buy milk!! He is mostly using sippy cups and I will be throwing away the bottles very soon. He especially loves Cheerios, pancakes, waffles and banana bread. He is not wild about baby food or Mum Mum snacks anymore. Today at lunch he grabbed his daddy's taco off of his plate which spilled ground beef all over his lap. He proceeded to eat hand fulls of it, which kept him quiet and occupied for a good half hour :)
He is very squirmy at football games and stated to clap at a pep rally couple of weeks ago! He says "Da da" and even pointed to a photo of Jarrod on the 'fridge last week and said it. He has finally started saying "Ma ma" but usually only in times of distress! He often points to Roxie and makes the sound "D". He also pointed to a ball once and made the sound "Ba-". He is starting to babble more but his sister doesn't often give him a chance to talk :)
Happy 11 months to Owen....it's almost party time!!!
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
Andy and Emma are six weeks apart in age and get along very well. In fact, Ms. Susan describes them as being "inseparable". They hold hands and even eat their lunchables side by side. It is quite amusing to listen in on their conversations in the back seat. They even created a chocolate milk fountain in Andy's mom's car this week (sorry Lisa!) They also love to untie one another's shoes and plot how they can hang out together all afternoon :)
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
This year the theme is 'Momology' and the main scripture we are focusing on is "Even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." Psalms 139:10. We watched a brief intro video which was a refreshing look at the common challenges of motherhood and keeping the Christian faith. The Lord is constantly with me. During 3 year old temper tantrums and sassy remarks....He is there. During countless sleepless nights over the past eleven months....He has been there. When the kids are both whining and causing a scene while grocery shopping...He is there!
Another wonderful thing about MOPS is that they sent us each home with dinner! They gave us the ingredients to make taco soup! Yum :)I look forward to next month's meeting. I am so thankful to have found such a wonderful group of fellow Godly mamas....
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Another fun thing for Battle of the Bell is that the students and kiddos wear tiger tails :)
Friday, September 10, 2010
That evening we enjoyed the wedding festivities. It was Emma's second time to be a flower girl and she did a wonderful job! About half way down the aisle the ring bearer asked if she was going to throw her rose petals. She then dumped the whole basket full on the ground. Everyone laughed :)
Thursday, September 9, 2010
While we were there Emma decided she wanted to do this jumping fun! After I signed the consent form (yikes!) I figured she might back out. After waiting in line and watching several others she went ahead with it.....she is fearless!! She jumped so, so high, had a crowd and loved every minute of it. Now she wants a tramploine for her birthday :)
Next we traveled down what is said to be the most curvy road in the world! Last but certainly not least, we visited the Golden gate bridge. I was a little disappointed that it was so foggy & windy, but I was so excited to actually see it! It is HUGE!! First we traveled on it and then we pulled over and took pics :) The kids look fussy but I will admit that I woke both from naps. Afterall, this could be a once in a lifetime thing :)
More Cali adventures to come......