Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Golden state (day 1)

Friday was one of the longest days of my life. We got up very early, drove to Austin, flew five hours, battled through San Francisco rush hour and attended the rehearsal & dinner, all with adding two extra hours to our day with the time change! Needless to say, I was happy when bedtime finally rolled around :)

Emma hadn't been on a plane since she was 12 months old. She was thrilled about the "big airplane". The only thing that bothered her was landing. Owen did much better than I had anticipated. He was more squirmy than fussy and waived to other people. Thank goodness for Cheerios, muffins and Lita. After much thought I did decide to give him Benadryl. Luckily he slept for a couple of hours on the last flight home. Just take a look at this handsome little passenger:

Here is a fun photo of me with my cousins at the rehearsal dinner. It was held at Bistro Don Giovani in Napa. They grow their own corn, tomatoes and other veggies. Here we are sneaking grapes :) Sara (the bride) is on the far left and Anna & Alex are on my right.


The vineyards were beautiful! The weather was just perfect and it was a wonderful evening. It was nice meeting the happy couple's friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment