Saturday, December 24, 2011

Fabulously Five

Five years ago Emma surprised us 3 weeks early!  I guess she didn't want to miss Christmas :)  She was born on a Monday evening while the Chicago Bears played on the delivery room television.  I will never forget the weekend beforehand when my feet swelled like crazy and we literally finished piecing the nursery together hours before my water broke. 



Wonderfully One!


Terrifically Two!


Totally Three!


 Fantastically Four!


Fabulously Five!


I can't believe Emma is five and that we have been parents for half a decade.  She has been looking forward to being five for months and now officially calls herself a "grown up kid".  At her annual check up this week she weighed 47 lbs 14oz (90th percentile) and was 43" tall (75th perc).  Dr Dewbre said she looks great!  After a rough 4 year old check up, Emma was beyond thrilled that this check up didn't require any shots!  She now wears size 5/6 clothes and wears a size 12/13 shoe! 

Most days Emma wakes up early and happy.  She hasn't napped regularly since the age of 19 months and would stay up all night if allowed to.  She loves school and her other activities (including soccer, t ball, gymnastics and Cubbies).  She makes friends quickly and begs to see them often.  She is extremely curious about the big world around her and asks questions all.day.long.  She has started reading and recognizing many words.  She is extremely competitive, a social butterfly, a good big sister and always wants to be the leader.  She is adventurous but cautious; sassy but sweet; silly but polite and tender but tough.  Her favorites are as follows:
Color.............pink            Game........hide and seek
TV show.......'Good Luck Charlie' on Disney and 'Martha Speaks' on PBS
Food............Broccoli (seriously her answer!)        Drink.............Sprite



"Before you were born, I dreamed of you, I imagined you, I prayed for you. Now that you’re here I hope for you, I love you and I thank God for you."  ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment