Monday, April 2, 2012

First Comes Love

...then comes marriage! 

One of my best friends in the world is getting married in May.  Mandy was one of my college room mates and is now a nurse in Dallas.  Her fiance, Arron, is great!  He is an Aggie (and of course some really great marriages are made up of an Aggie and a Baylor bear!)  This weekend I attended her bridal shower.


It's incredibly hard to believe that Mandy and I met twelve years ago this summer.  We had both graduated from high school merely days before and our dorm rooms were just a few feet away.  She also lived with our other bestie, Lauren.  Mandy has been by my side through SO much of life since those days.  She traveled all the way up to Oklahoma to visit, she stood by my side the day I married my prince charming, she was the very first non-family member to the hospital after each of our children were born and (despite our separation in mileage) she always makes a point to get together when we can.  I am so honored to share with her in this season of life and to stand by her side in just a few short weeks :)


Julie and Lacey did a fabulous job with the shower.  Mandy's favorite color is pink and there were lots of sweet details!  The petit fours even had her initials on them in pink icing :)


She opened lots of new fun things, including her PINK Kitchenaid mixer!


We gave her the cozy goose down comforter she wanted.  I just might need one too!!


Mandy's sisters and mama:


With her spoiled pug, Oliver (please notice he is wearing a tuxedo). 


Beautiful bride-to-be


With two of my favorite ladies



Love ya Mandy!  Can't wait to celebrate with you next month :)  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment