Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First day of Preschool

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own and you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where you'll go."
Oh the places you'll go ~ Dr. Seuss
Today our baby girl started preschool!!!!

Before we woke her up this morning Jarrod and I discussed that it seems like she was just born yesterday! It really does go by SO fast.
She looked so grown up carrying her backpack! I have to admit it was strange preparing her lunch and leaving home so early! She was soooo proud and excited :)

We arrived approximately twenty minutes early. I can't promise it will happen ever again!

Here she is walking toward the building like the big girl she is....

She is happy to be a part of Ms. Susan's stars this year. Her name is even on the door:
She even has her own cubby space:


After spending a few minutes in her classroom I told Emma I was leaving. I had stationed Owen on a reading rug in the corner while I took pictures. She said "Okay, but don't forget to take Owen with you"! Upon picking her up she begged me to let her stay for nap time (some kids nap and stay later). The silly girl doesn't nap. I'm glad she had fun on her first day :)

I was truly amazed at how easy drop off was (on both of us). I guess I had spent the past few weeks processing it and she has been eagerly anticipating this day for awhile now :) I have really enjoyed staying home with her for the past 3 1/2 years but it was naturally time to add this structure to our routine. She loves being around her peers and being active. This is going to be a great first school year and we can't wait to hear about everything she does and learns!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Glad she had such a great first day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan is already crashed out on the couch from her first day! And she never naps either!

    Glad emma and you did well today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how she reminded you not to forget Owen! AND, I love the "I'm Yours" T-shirt. :) I'm so glad she had a great first day.

    ReplyDelete