Monday, May 18, 2009

Update







Here are some photos I have taken over the past couple of days. I don't fight much with Emma about nap time anymore, so she fell asleep in the middle of Barney early yesterday evening. It was so cute!

The other photos are from this afternoon. We set up her frog pool again and she splahsed around for a few minutes. We are looking forward to trying the Cameron city pool out for the first time next week. It actually looks like a mini toddler water park. There is a frog slide and other neat things! The other photo is of what I found when I returned home from the grocery store. Jarrod had used a bungy cord to pull Emma on her pink tractor. She loved it!

The Desperate Housewives two hour finale was great last night! As always, it left me in total suspense. I cannot wait until September to pick up on the juicy drama :) Tonight is the two hour premiere to The Bachelorette. The only other reality show I watch is Big Brother (when it is on). I don't want to sound like a total TV watchin' fool. I think that The Bachelor/Bachelorette is a totally un natural way to meet someone who may end up as a spouse. However, it is totally entertaining, and therfore I watch. It's pretty halairous to watch some of the 'contestants'. Does anyone else watch???

Yesterday Emma had a dress rehearsal for her upcoming dance recital. It went REALLY well. It was a huge stage, the audience was full of people and she did great! I decided to hide on the side of the stage. She actually participated much better than she would have if I had stayed beside her. She was only one of a few who did the moves. I was so proud I could have cried! We're really looking forward to her debut this Saturday evening!

There are only nine total days of left of school for Coach Smith. He is also teaching summer school but that is only four hours in the mornings. We have lots of fun things planned for the summer time. In June we are going to the beach with my family, a marriage retreat and two weddings. In July we find out the gender of baby Smith #2 and are going to the Texas FFA State Convention in Dallas where Jarrod will have his ten year officer reunion!

3 comments:

  1. looks like emma is having a blast with you guys! summer plans sound fun! can't wait to find out what you're having!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing pics of Emma, she is just so cute.
    Matt and I tuned into like 10 minutes of Desperate Housewives and were overwhelmed with drama and confusion. I hope it made sense to you.
    Good luck at the recital this week. I can't wait to see pics of her getting her groove on.
    And YAY for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pic of emma in the pool! priceless!

    ReplyDelete