Thursday, August 30, 2012

Owen's BIG day

This week Owen started Preschool/Mother's Day Out at Discovery Days in Huntsville.  He knew this was his big day.  With a hearty "me do!" he put on his shorts, shirt and shoes.  He even switched the socks I picked out for him!  Big sister helped him get ready :)


Owen is our clingy especially cuddly child.  It often upsets him to be away from us when left at the church nursery.  I was completely unsure of how he would react to being left at a brand new place with brand new people.  Orientation was for parents only so I made special arrangements at a later time to meet Ms. Candice at school so that Owen could meet her and feel more comfortable with his classroom.  We talked to Owen about "school" a lot over the past few weeks.  He would always say "You no leeeeave me" so you could understand why I was totally leery about drop off.


Like such a big boy, he marched right in with his new backpack and lunchbox, sat down and started to play with purple play dough.  As soon as he realized that I was still there he waved me goodbye.  No tears, easy peasy!


Owen will attend two mornings a week.  This will be the first time he doesn't have Emma around and that he will regularly be around little friends his age.  I'm excited about all the new things he will learn and experience :)


"Today you are you.  That is truer than true.  
There is no one alive that is youer than you."
 ~Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment