I wanted to share an idea for fun party favors. These are yummy, relatively simple and can be created to fit any theme! I found the idea online so I can't take total credit for it, but maybe this will inspire someone who is looking for just the right favor :)
Here is what you need:
6 cups Rice Krispy cereal
1 bag mini marshmallows
1/4 cup butter
cookie cutter to match theme
frosting to decorate
ribbon & tags
Here are the instructions:
1. Make Rice Krispy mix like usual:
Melt butter, add marshmallows until combined. Take off heat and slowly add cereal. Line work area with wax/parchment paper.
2. Coat the inside of your cutter with non stick spray. This is very important. Immediately begin spooning krispy mixture into the cookie cutter one by one. Pack the mix down as you go. Keep in mind that depending on what size/shape cutter you choose to use, you should be able to make 10-15 favor pops!
3. Approximately 15 minutes later, carefully insert cookie sticks.
4. You are ready to decorate! I typically flip the treats upside down and decorate the most flat side. Use frosting to create your masterpieces! Let them dry for several hours, even overnight.
5. Wrap in cello bags, tie with matching ribbon and add a message tag if you wish :)