Thursday, October 23, 2014

Choosing Hope

October 15th is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness day.  Ironically, it is also the same week that I became a Hope Mommy.  This past year has been full of tears, heartache and some of the hardest days I have faced.  Today and every day we remember the two precious babies we lost.  We know that they have gone on to Glory before us and that we will see them again one day.  Our great God works ALL things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.

On 10/15 we joined many around the world in remembering our little ones.  We released two balloons in honor of Baby Smith {10/11/13} and Baby Boy Smith {2/19/14}.  This was the best way for our family to do something together and to talk openly about God's plan for our lives.


In the words of Jennifer, a fellow Hope Mommy,
 Our babies avoided all that is bad and evil in the world and have received everything that is forever good.  Being in God's presence and experiencing His goodness is so much higher and better than any earthly experience this world has to offer.  We may be missing experiences for them {like growing up, getting married, etc.} but they are not.  Our babies have been given total and complete goodness from God.  {AMEN!!}

Infant loss {miscarriage, stillbirth and infant death} was once a topic that many felt uncomfortable discussing.  It does my heart good to know that my generation is more open about it and that those of us who experience it can rest assured knowing that others have journeyed this path before us.  Over the past year so many women have opened up to share their story of grief and infant loss with me.  It means the world to me that other would share and that I didn't have to feel alone.  This is something that can occur to anyone at anytime.  I am now much more equipped and able to share my story and my path with someone who may experience this in the future.  I am able to extend God's grace and promise to them, even amidst such a trying time.

It is not easy but this is the life my great God has planned for me.  Nothing surprises Him.  Psalms 139 has been especially reassuring and helpful to me.  God is in complete control and that comforts me.


In light of my losses I want the love of Christ to shine through me, anywhere I go and despite my earthly situation.  Our babies were born out of hope, prayed for in hope and taken to Christ in hope.  We will forever miss them but rejoice in the fact that we will see them again some glorious day!  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment