Sunday, December 11, 2016

Emma is TEN!

Emma is TEN.  That's right, double digits!  I simply cannot believe that we have been proud parents for a whole decade.  While it's such a bittersweet thing for us as her parents, I assure you she is ecstatic and has been counting down the days!
  
 
Emma is sweet, smart, kind, creative, accommodating, compassionate and pretty.  She is lots of fun and makes our world a better place.  She is the BEST big sister in the world.  She is incredibly sensitive to the feelings of others.  She despises flu shots, cleaning out her closet and memorizing multiplication facts.  She likes sprinkled donuts, glittery nail polish and all things turtle :)

 
She stands 4' 7.5" tall, wears size 12/14 outfits, a women's size 7 shoe.  She has added new molars, wears deodorant and loves to read multiple books at a time!  She enjoyed her turn at anchoring the 'Woodway Today' daily morning show this Fall and starts on the camera crew after the new year. 

 
She is doing well in 4th grade and brings home all As and Bs!  She made the UIL oral reading team and looks forward to competing in January.  She is still enjoying piano and church children's choir.  She played the alto xylophone and had a speaking part in the 4th grade class Christmas program.


She enjoys playing softball and volleyball.  She is very talented at creating short movies and writing stories.  She enjoys our big backyard and could swing or jump on the trampoline for hours!

 
Current favorites:
Color: turquoise
Best friend: Hallie
TV Show: Bunked
Movie: Trolls
Outfit: Cozy sweater with black leggings
Ice cream flavor: Rocky Road
Food: Hamburgers
Candy: gummy bears {red especially!}
Drink: Root beer
What are you good at? softball, writing and making friends
What do you want to be when you grow up? movie director

 

Dear Emma,
 
You are wonderfully ten.  In some ways I can't believe time sped by so fast.  In other ways I feel like I've always been "Emma's mom".  You made me a mom a decade ago and it has been the most rewarding, emotional, fantastic job.  Ever. 
 
I savored the days when you were itty bitty.  I did my very best to soak them in and to remember everything.  Occasionally I miss those days but I also enjoy the young lady you are becoming.  Now we can talk, get pedicures and laugh together about silly things. 
 
You are SO much fun.  You have the cutest personality and you have a very pure and kind heart.  You put others first and you accommodate well in a plethora of life situations.  You have your own style and ideas.  You are oh so creative in ways that I have never been.  Your imagination is extraordinary and I can't wait to see how you use the many gifts you were given to glorify God throughout your life.
 
As you get older you will realize more and more than this is a broken world.  This is NOT our home.  Be a light for Christ, put Him first and follow His ways.  Bring others to Him and love them well.  Cast your burdens on Him.  He created you and has a master plan.  He holds you in the palm of His hand and won't let go.  Trust and obey.  Even when thing don't make an ounce of sense.

Your dad and I are your biggest fans.  We are always on your side.  We continuously pray for you and for your future.
 
My fear is that the next ten years will go by even faster than the last ten.  I promise that I will cherish every fleeting moment.  You are the daughter I've always dreamed of and I look forward to making lots of memories :) I love you.

-Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment