Thursday, February 16, 2012

Limbo

Our former athletic director's wife refers to this time period as "limbo".  She is exactly right.  Jarrod has moved, we are staying here trying to sell our house and carry on as usual.  We know that eventually we will all need to get to Trinity but exactly how, when and where are yet to be determined.

The past month has been a whirlwind.  I am extremely grateful for sweet and supportive friends who check on me regularly.  They ask how things are going and I usually respond the same way: I'm surviving.

Days mostly consist of packing, cleaning, playing, chauffeuring, staying up into the wee hours of the morning working and showing the house (not as often as we wish).  I'm doing my best to get everything done (and sleep at night!)  Parenting is much easier with a partner :)

I sorely miss the sound of the garage door opening upon Jarrod's arrival home at lunch and in the evenings.  It makes my heart hurt that we are basically living separate lives during the week right now.  I'm glad this is only temporary. 

Both kids had a hard time adjusting at first and Emma still asks over and over again why daddy has to work/live so far away.  Weeks have never seemed longer and I've never looked forward to weekends as much as I do these days.


On Tuesday evening we took a trip east to visit daddy.  The pine trees are BEAUTIFUL!!  We enjoyed cheering the Tigers on to a basketball district title.  Following the game we enjoyed a late night fajita Valentine dinner at Romos, a local Mexican food place.  All five of us (including Roxie!) stayed at his tiny efficiency apartment.  It was quite an experience!  On Wednesday morning we were able to tour several different rental options.  We didn't find anything that would accomodate our family but will continue to pray for a speedy sale of our house.  We were also able to tour Lansberry Elementary, where our oldest will start Kindergarten in just six short months.....


To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. ~Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment