Friday, November 11, 2011

Eleven things about me (11-11-11)

In honor of today's unique date (11-11-11) I am sharing 11 fun facts about myself:

1.  I love being a SAHM (stay at home mom).  It's what I've always wanted to do.  There is only a very short window of time that our kids will be little and I want no regrets when they are all grown up.  I am 100% fulfilled caring for my husband, kids and home.  It's exactly what God put me here to do during this phase of life :)


2.  I  keep my calendar updated as far in advance as possible.  I like to know what our plans are beforehand and I'm not very spontaneous!  I make lots of lists.  I must re write the grocery list ten times before I actually make it to the store.....


3.  I am not necessarily a die hard sports person.  I only played soccer a for a couple of season during junior high.  Growing up my family wasn't big on attending or watching sporting events.  Life is funny and now I am a coach's wife.  My coaching husband l-o-v-e-s anything to do with sports....especially football.  It overtakes our lives this time of year....and I'm almost used to it.  Almost.



4.  I've always wanted to be more disciplined about reading my Bible and spending quiet time with the Lord on a daily basis.  In the past few years I have discovered Beth Moore's ministry which has truly made it easier for me to keep up with this.  I have already completed her studies on the books of Daniel and Esther and I am currently doing the fruits of the spirit in Galations.  If you haven't already, you should check her out!


5.  I enjoy party planning and crafting of all kinds!  I admit that sometimes I go a little overboard with my kiddos' birthday parties but they are some of my favorite times of the year.  I love celebrating special occasions in life in the most creative ways.  A dream job of mine would be in the field of event planning. 


6.  Here's a big confession: I hate reading.  I cannot just relax and read for pleasure.  In fact, I returned some of my college text books still wrapped in plastic.  Sorry dad.


7.  I am a Diet Coke addict.  It is my morning wake up drink and I drink more than I should. 


8.  I am a cold weather fan!  I love everything about it.....cute pea coats, hot chocolate and a chill in the air, just to name a few.  On the contrary, I strongly dislike warm weather (I live in the wrong part of the country for sure). 



9.  I am not a morning person and I never will be.  I've tried and it's just not going to happen.  I'm married to the world's perkiest morning person and I'm thankful that he puts up with me and even makes me breakfast (including a diet coke) :)


10. House work (aka cleaning) is not one of my favorite things.  The most discouraging thing is that it never stays clean for long.  I'm totally convinced that it is a never ending cycle....and that I will always have itty bitty feet following behind me making it dirty again....


11. Last but not least, I am a procrastinator.  I wait til the last minute for almost everything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment