Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Doctor's orders!


I had a prenatal appointment yesterday in Waco and Dr. Wang was a little concerned about my weight gain. In fact, I am still 3 lbs under my starting weight. Here's how the conversation went:
"Do you like ice cream?"
"Oh yes!"
"You should eat it TWICE a day."
"Really?! I wish my husband was here to hear you say that - he will never believe me."
"It has lots of calcium and will make you start gaining weight."
Then I was on my way to Baskin Robbins. If you know me well you know I love ice cream! I have many different favorite flavors....I can't choose just one! I even worked at BR for 3 yrs during high school and college!
My two pregnancies have been similar in almost all ways. The biggest difference I have noticed is that with Emma I gained weight much more rapidly and my dr at the time kept lecturing me about it at each appointment. She kept saying "Ya know, the holidays are coming. Halloween, Thanksgiving, then Christmas - lots of sweets will be around". I ended up gaining 45+ lbs by the time Emma was born. It wouldn't break my heart if it doesn't happen this go 'round :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no the horrible ice cream diet. :) I'm not the only one now, although I am a little jealous of the 2 bowls, I am on just one. Her office maybe screwy at times but when you see her and she tells you to eat ice cream, you forget about the 2 hour weight and idiots that work there. Good luck on your diet, I hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for HAVING to eat two bowls of ice cream a day!

    ReplyDelete