Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our ailments




This is my ninth week of pregnancy and I have been pretty sick over the past few days. I've spent most of my time in bed (or in the bathroom) and I've let the household chores stack up and stare me in the face! Oh, and Emma already does a close impression of me throwing up (sorry if that was too much info)! I guess the silver lining is that I have lost about 8 lbs. Oh, and "they say" that morning (or all day) sickness is a sign of a healthy baby. Let's hope so :)

There are so many recommendations for helping with morning sickness out there. I've heard it all - from sucking on lemons all day to eating small meals every couple of hours to taking strong drugs to ride it out. I've tried most of them but unfortunately no such luck. And, all I have to say to those mamas out there who never experienced morning sickness, "NO FAIR"!!

Jarrod has done an excellent job of taking care of business around here. That is, until he horribly sprained his left ankle playing basketball with some friends last night. He came home earlier than usual.....but limping. Apparently he heard the bones "crack" - and luckily the school athletic trainer was there and was able to look at it. I told him that if it isn't better over the weekend he is going to the dr. And I mean it!

5 comments:

  1. I hope the morning sickness gets better soon! I was sick all 9 months with Jaidan, but learned to deal(with drugs, lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Katy, I think that is all I am saying to you lately. I hope the morning sickness leaves, but like you said 8 pounds, YAY! I hope Jarrod feels better soon, otherwise your house will start stinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. youch, jarrod! katy i'm sorry to hear about your morning sickness. i have to admit i had occassional evening nausea, but NO morning sickness! don't worry though, i bet i get my fair share on my 2nd pregnancy! love the blog & being able to keep up to date on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was the same way with Tanner and I actually went under 100 pounds and the doc was about to admit me to the hospital. so i'm praying that you get better soon, even though you've lost 8lbs. you do need to get over this soon!

    hope you feel better, keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete