Tuesday, March 28, 2017

A visit to west Texas

Over St Patricks day weekend we journeyed to west Texas to visit relatives we don't see often enough!!  Cousins really do make the best friends :)

The kids were amazed with the miles and miles of giant wind turbines!


Some of our shenanigans included a cousin tripod (oldest 3 of 15!), several hours of sweet conversation with Memaw, watching March Madness in the hotel lobby each evening and hearing my uncle preach.  I think Memaw really enjoyed her time with these silly great-grandkids (and these are only half of them!)


Memaw has been such a significant person in my life and was in lots of my favorite childhood memories.  She has loved all of us well and I know has prayed for us over the years.  I'm so thankful for the time that my kiddos got to spend in her presence.  She has the most beautiful laugh and has such a special way with young children.  When I asked her for the secret to a long and happy marriage she said "Love one another, be a Christian and act like it".  When I asked her the most challenging part of motherhood she said "There was none, it was all such a joy!"


Little man snoozing at the hotel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment