Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cubbies


It's finally May!  The first of Emma's many activities concluded this evening.  This year she really enjoyed Cubbies (which is her age group in Awanas). 


(Yep, she is in her t ball uniform.  She had team photos at 5:45 and this awards program stated at 6pm!  I haven't quite figured out how to be in two places at one time so we cut it very close!)  


This group was such a blessing and it makes my heart glad that she looked forward to going each Wednesday to learn more about her savior.  She memorized one Bible verse each week and recited it for her sweet leader.  I have so many wonderful memories of church activities and youth group and I want the same for our children. 


One week she was asked to draw what she thinks heaven might look like.  Without hesitation she drew Mimi and Jesus.  She told me that Jesus was bigger (of course)!  Mimi is my grandmother who passed away when Emma was 18 months old. 


Some of her assigned Bible verses this year included "God is Love (1 John 4:8)", "I am wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14)", "Love one another (1 John 4:11)" and "Children, obey your parents (Ephesians 6:1)".  I pray that she tucks these away in her memory bank and remembers them always.


She was excited to receive a certificate of participation and a new patch to add to her vest!  We look forward to finding a new church home in the Trinity/Huntsville area that offers a variety of activities for children.


One activity down, lots more to go.....stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment