Saturday, June 12, 2010

Think pink!

On Saturday we (my mom, the kids and I) headed to The Woodlands for a baby shower! My best friend Lauren is expecting a sweet baby girl in early August.


We gave Lauren this adorable doll house book shelf she registered for! On the shower invitation it requested that guests give a book in lieu of a card. Not only does Baby girl Shenkir already have a substantial collection of books, but she also has a fun girly place to store them :)


I also made these closet dividers for Lauren. I found the idea online at blissfullydoestic.com/2009/baby-closet-dividers. I actually made three different sets and gave them as gifts this Spring. Lauren chose pink and green for nursery colors so hopefully they will match well. Just yesterday alone she received an abundance of itty bitty pink outfits, so these will help her separate them by size.

Here are the cupcakes....and yes, they were as delicious as they look :)


Lauren is the middle of three girls. Her sisters hosted and really know how to throw a fun party! The decor, food and games were just perfect! Every last detail was sweet and thoughtful! L's older sister Alecia is expecting her second child (a boy) a couple of weeks after Lauren!



It has now been seven years since Mandy, Lauren and I lived together in college. Mandy is an ICU RN in Dallas, Lauren teaches 2nd grade in Clear Creek ISD, and I am a proud SAHM! Our lives are very different now, but no distance or life changes could sway our friendship! We don't get together very often but when we do we pick right back up where we left off. I am so thankful for both of these girls :)

Baby girl Shenkir we cannot wait to meet you!! See you soon. XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment