Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken

By no means am I a domestic diva! Over the last few years I have gotten a lot better! During my time as a Pampered Chef consultant I was able to stock my kitchen shelves with lots of fun cooking gadgets. Part of my job was to prepare meals at cooking shows (and show how easy it could be)! Sometimes I find myself making the same 5 or 6 meals over and over again....so I like to spice things up a bit and try out new recipes :)

For my birthday my in laws gave me a book called '1001 Fast Easy Recipes'. I have tried two of them over the past couple of weeks and both have been simple and delicious! For the first time in my life I made chicken n dumplings. Before, just the thought of it was intimidating. I also made bacon-wrapped chicken. It is definitely a keeper in our household. You might give a try sometime!

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 (8oz) carton cream cheese w/onion & chives
butter
6 bacon strips
Directions:
Spread 3T cream cheese over each piece of chicken. Dot with butter and a little salt; roll.

Wrap each with a bacon strip. Place seam-side down in greased baking dish.
Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for approximatey 40 minutes or until juices run clear.



Enjoy! These may look like they could be served as a tasty appetizer but they really are a little messy on the plate! I look forwad to trying out the other 999 recipes featured in the book :)


No comments:

Post a Comment